Shiitake has a great reputation in mushroom kingdom, for its anti-tumor activity, and play a vital role as Reishi, Corydyceps, Chaga, Maitake in our daily life. In China, as the dry shiitake mushroom has a good fragrance, it is commonly named as Xiang Gu. In Chinese herbalism, shiitake is reported to boost “Qi” within the body (in Acupuncture they use the needles to adjust the flow of Qi energy through the meridians).
- Common name: Shiitake, Golden oak mushroom, Black mushroom, Oakwood Mushroom, Chinese Mushroom.
– In Japan and China, Shiitake is considered to be the best of all plant foods. Note from a Chinese handbook for medical workers: “Considering the five inevitable (sic) nutrients – protein, lipid, carbohydrate, minerals and vitamins, no other plant food could replace Shiitake. Besides, Shiitake also has high contents of calcium, sodium, phosphorus, etc. minerals and vitamins B-1, B-2, B-12 and vitamin D precursor.”
Active Ingredients in Shiitake Mushroom Extract
As Shiitake contains rich nutrition, Shiitake was the first medicinal mushroom to be scientifically studied for its immune support properties.
- Shiitake was the source of the first beta glucan isolate used for immuno-modulation in human clinical studies and medical practice;
- Shiitake mushroom polysaccharides named Lentinan, Medical professionals use lentinan to boost the effects of regular medicines used for treating cancer and HIV infection.
- Shiitake mushrooms and shiitake extract also contains amino acids, including some essential amino acids such as lysine, arginine, threonine, valine, leucine and phenylalanine. In addition to the research on immune support there has been a considerable amount of research conducted on how Shiitake enzymes affect cholesterol levels.
Buy Shiitake Extract From RDHealthIngredients
– Beta Glucan
|Botanic Source: Lentinus edodes (Berk.)sing|
Part of Used: Fruit body
Solubility: Water Soluble
Hot Water and Ethanol Solvent extraction
Certificate: Halal, Kosher, Food Grade
|Application: Shiitake Extract has been widely applied in Health Supplement, herbal capsule, herbal blend, Tea bag, function food.|
|Storage and Package: Keep in cool and dry place, out of direct light and heat; in 25kg/drum, plastic bag inside, or 1kg/aluminum foil bag;|
Shelf life: 24 months within proper storage.
Fill out our form or request chart below or contact Sales Manager to request wholesale prices or a complimentary sample of any of our wholesale products.